Commitment to your privacy
The WeeSchool App and WeeSchool.com are owned and operated by WeeSchool, Inc. (“WeeSchool”). Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At WeeSchool, we want to make your mobile and online experiences satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information WeeSchool.com gathers and tracks
The WeeSchool App and/or WeeSchool.com gathers three types of information:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These voluntary submissions are requests to receive our electronic newsletters and information from our optional customer account creation.
- Information through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views, and tap or click behaviors. This information allows us to better tailor our functionality and content to users’ needs and to help our partners better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does WeeSchool divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
- Anonymous information from user reporting that indicates the developmental and academic progress of their children.
The WeeSchool App and WeeSchool.com gather user information in the following processes:
Optional voluntary information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters, notifications and alerts We offer a free electronic newsletter to users. The WeeSchool App or WeeSchool.com gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link, provided in every newsletter, that points users to the subscription management page. Users also can subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Upgrades Free and paid upgrades are available within the WeeSchool App. The options are clearly marked and may require submission of a first name, last name, and email address.
- Order placement We may request all necessary information from our users to fulfill orders placed on WeeSchool.com. This information includes name, email address, physical addresses and payment information. We do not store credit card information once the order has been accepted. Other optional information is requested at the time of the order and is clearly marked as optional.
- Surveys and analytics The WeeSchool App and WeeSchool.com may occasionally conduct user surveys and/or collect analytics to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with non-commercial partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
The WeeSchool App and WeeSchool.com tracks user traffic patterns. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. WeeSchool.com does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
WeeSchool.com sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use of information
WeeSchool uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our App and network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, forums and research. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. WeeSchool.com never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties.
The WeeSchool App and WeeSchool.com may create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for partners. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing of the information
WeeSchool uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
WeeSchool operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register or receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users